Monday, September 29, 2014

Interview With An Underground Artist: Deniro Farrar

Tiffany Baez
Contributing Writer


(MIAMI)- Let’s face it; the music industry is competitive. There are hundreds, even thousands of artists who work hard to make it to the top. Some may say it’s a matter of luck, while others insist it’s all about talent and knowing the right people. Rising artist, Deniro Farrar on his Bow Down Tour with Denzel Curry, explains his journey on making it in the industry along with a few fun facts.

Where are you from?
-Charlotte, North Carolina

How long have you been in the Industry?
-Since 2010.

What advice do you give to aspiring artist?
-You get out what you put in. In order to see yourself succeed, you got to be able to but in 100 percent effort.

What made you want to start your career?
-God gave me the talent, and I’ve always loved music.

What’s the most difficult part of your career?
-Leaving my sons and family.

What is the most enjoyable part of going on tour?
-Getting to do what I love, performing.

Are you working on anything new?
-Yes actually, I’m working on a new EP with Ryan Hemsworth.

Who would be your dream artist to tour with?
-Kendrick Lamar and PartyNextDoor.

What are some artist that you listen to in your spare time?
-James Blake, Purity Ring, Little Dragon, Coldplay, PartyNextDoor.

What is your all time favorite food?
-Alfredo!!

Which artist would you say inspires your work?
-2Pac

What’s an interesting fact about you?
-I don’t smoke or drink and I have no piercings.

Do you have a quote that you live by?
-He who lives in fear lives not.

Any hobbies?
-I like exercising and running.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
-I live my life a moment at a time I never know what life will throw at me.

Deniro Farrar has a burning passion for his career as a performer, and he definitely couldn’t have made it alone. Throughout the interview he would reiterate how his kids are a huge impact on his career, being his biggest inspiration.

As we concluded the interview, he introduced me to his friends whom were all on tour with him and described how each one had a specific duty: cameraman, merchandiser, driver and promoter. Hence, there’s more than what meets the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment